Thursday, July 24, 2014

It is human nature to take everything for granted. To think that the trials you face in life are the most difficult thing ever. As I sit here with my 8 week old daughter next to me, her legs dangling in the walker she is still a little to small for, and my amazing wife in the living room, I cannot help but to be grateful. I would imagine any man in my position would be grateful for his faith, his family, and his health. For me it is different. Don't get me wrong, I am indeed grateful for all the aforementioned things, however, I feel it is how i got to this point and the things I did on my way here that has truly taught me what it is to be grateful and it is that journey that I am here to share. 

In the days ahead I plan to get out all the thoughts I have bottled up inside. Thoughts about what got me here. Thoughts of selfishness, addiction, crime, and everything else that comes from being an addict. The format may change going forward from time to time from rants to recaps of feeling or perspective pieces about anything from my perspective based on how something affected me as an addict and homeless man. 

My wife has thought it would be a good idea to write these things down. I dont truly know how many ppl will ever see this but what I do know is Ive been to hell and back to get where I am and I feel its a story worth telling.

-C

If you would like to contribute to my efforts at stopping addiction please visit:
Together we can make a difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment